Asbestos Audits / Surveys
Asbestos has been used in the past in more than 3000 different products, such as wall cladding insulation and roof cladding. Listing them all here would be a long and arduous task and most probably still not capture them all.
Complying with the relevant legislation in Australia is made more difficult as each state and territory doesn’t always have the same requirement. Understanding your compliance needs is imperative to developing an asbestos plan that meets the individual needs of the workplace.
If the building is new build it is most probable that there are no asbestos containing materials on site. This in turn would not require the regular audit or update to meet compliance.
Where an asbestos audit is required, you should seek a consultant that is suitably qualified and has the relevant experience, can provide evidence of both and that they carry the appropriate insurances to undertake the work.
The final register should contain;
- location of the material
- risk rating of the material and a physical description
A good register will also include:-
- Photographs (to help identify the material before any work is undertaken)
- A register or access log to make sure the contractors are reading it before they start any work
- A record of works undertaken on asbestos containing materials
- Copies of the supporting laboratory analysis of the asbestos containing material.
Our experienced team of consultants understand all this and continue to provide asbestos management planning to clients cross Australia. Planning, that will meet the compliance needs for your business.